With a resounding 2022 edition, the hybrid of Tomorrowland and Rock Werchter is back on the weekend of May 27 and 28. Opening the beginning of the festival season, what can we expect for this second edition ?
An XXL lineup
About 40+ acts will parade in the picturesque Parc d’Osseghem during this long weekend. Mixing the most famous acts from our country (Angèle, Rori, Caballero & Jeanjass,…) with some rarer international gems (JPEGMAFIA, Kokoroko or Domi & JD Beck,…), our ears are going to have a lot of work to do this weekend. Pushing for the eclecticism by mixing techno, rap or rock between the five stages planned for this purpose. Obviously, the festival decided to strike hard in this second year of existence.
One step forward
Electronic tickets, a variety of quality foodtrucks, a modern transport system, art exhibitions and so on, the CORE festival want to be modern above all. A festival-goer’s paradise, far away from dodgy toilets and cold french fries, comfort was already emphasized in the first edition. However, these measures do not spoil the party and the scenic and sound quality of the place mixed with the natural setting of the park offers a unique festival.
The shows not to be missed !
If you are lucky enough to have the famous sesame to enter this paradise for a weekend, plan your trip well because the list is long !
Here are our recommendations:
- Domi & JD Beck: The neo-soul / jazz fusion duo of prodigies is in our top list of shows to see for this edition. With other greats acts of the style on the bill like Anderson Paak with his NxWorries project featuring Knwxledge, we can’t wait to dive into this universe of narrow notes and musical blasts.
2. Channel Tres: After a solid show at the Botanique in april, the already iconic Channel Tres is doing us the favor to comeback on stage on May 28th. The artist who mixes house and RnB gave us a very, very big slap at his previous show and we can’t wait to see what his discography can give on a summer festival.
3. Kappen: Brussels is in the spotlight ! At the opening of the festival on Alt Verda we will find Kappen, resident of the mythical C12 ! A DJ with his own touch who will not fail to move the most daring ! The appointment is taken for noon, be there !
4. Moderat: Electronic music at its peak and Berlin vibes at home ! The legends of Moderat are back in the festival game. Awaited by the thirty-year-old music lovers, the trio will present their rich discography to close the festival. A show that promises to be daunting given the conditions and the planned light show… We can’t wait for this one for real !
5. JPEGMAFIA: The appearances of this crazy artist in Belgium are to be marked with a white stone and we will have it in our pocket for the event. With his innovative style and sense of aesthetics, we finally have our first date with this icon of modern US rap. Watch out for moshpits, it might sting.
Want to join us ? There are still places available !
Find them here and we can’t wait to tell you the stories of a festival that promises to be… epic!